What is the Difference between SEO and PPC?
By: Rajat Kumar | Last Updated: January 25, 2020
Hello techies today we are making some thoughtful discussion of SEO and PPC, which is best marketing technique between SEO and PPC. In today’s world digital marketing is most emerging field to make your brand awareness, sales increase, ROI (return on investment), ROAS (return on ads spend), conversation rate etc.
So without wasting so much time lets dive into our main point of topics.
SEO is abbreviation of Search Engine Optimization where use can search some query on search engine like: Google, Bing & Yahoo thereafter some of results will appear in search engine result page called SERP.
These result sites comes in SERP as per there strength of data they have written in there sites. SEO is basically a technique where we can perform some optimization technique to make our website searchable in SERP. These results that come in SERP called organic results.
SEO is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines. There are many aspects to SEO, from the words on your page to the way other sites link to you on the web. Sometimes SEO is simply a matter of making sure your site is structured in a way that search engines understand.
Some of SEO techniques:-
- On-page SEO,
- Off-page SEO,
- Local On-page SEO,
- Local Off-page SEO,
- SMO (Social media optimization),
- Strong Inbound & Outbound Link Building.
- Website Pages Content Writing,
- Old Content Updating,
- Google & Bing Webmaster Analysis & Many More.
Some of common coding styles to improving SEO (DIYS):
- Using header tags (h1, h2, h3……) in web pages.
- To writing proper title of web page in <title></title> tag.
- To writing highlighted or summery of a web page in description tag.
- Rewriting your URL that include some keywords of web page content.
- Highlight some common keywords in your main content (<body></body> tag).
These are some techniques that make increase your website ranking in SERP. Except these there are more techniques and strategies you can use to increase you ranking in SERP.
Benefits of SEO:
- It’s a onetime investment like service where clients approaches to top SEO companies to do SEO optimization for their website.
- You will get high organic traffic if website is proper SEO optimized.
- You will get brand value reputation if your ranking is in top 10 SERP.
- However sometime SEO may take 3-8 months to come in effect after complete crawled by search engine robots (or bots). Once it crawled by search engine bots it will give you lifetime revenue, high organic traffic, brand value and high ranking in search results.
PPC is abbreviation of pay per click marketing or some time called cost per click marketing that is one of paid marketing technique where our service or product shall appear in top of SERP pages.
Digital marketing includes search engine marketing (SEM) where user can pay for website visibility to appear on search results or in simple terms internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) primarily through paid advertising.
On other side social media marketing (SMM) works in social networks and Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service.
There are the some major PPC & marketing platform provider like: Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Search Ads, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin & Twitter.
Some of PPC or paid marketing techniques:
- Search marketing ads
- Display marketing ads
- Video marketing ads (some time TVC)
- Application marketing ads
- Ecommerce Shopping ads (need google merchant centre for inventory listing and approval for shopping ads)
Type of pay modes when user see your ads:
- Pay per click (mostly for search & shopping ads)
- Cost per impression (for display ads)
- Cost per views (for video ads)
Benefits of PPC:
- Instant appearance of ads at top of SERP.
- Range of marketing area is broad than SEO because PPC covers all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc), YouTube etc.
- Pay as per your service or product.
- Create ads as per your business needs.
- Easily calculate conversion value, ROI & ROAS from PPC account.
You can hire us for SEO services in India and PPC services in India as we are one of the leading company in marketing services.
If you find this article worth to you please hit kudos, comment, & share to your friends and family to make worth to us being writing technical articles. Thanks very much see you in next session.
Social Media Optimization in SEO with example? What is ROI, ROAS and Conversion Value in digital marketing (or PPC). Introduction To Google Ads (AdWords) How to Use Open Graph Protocol Meta Tags for Social Network With Example Keywords Match Type in PPC for Google Ads & Bing Ads With Examples Profitable bidding strategies or max CPC for keyword in PPC (AdWords & Bing Ads).