Introduction To Google Ads (AdWords)
By: Rajat Kumar | Last Updated: August 09, 2018
Hi everyone, in this article we are going to learn about google ads (adwords). As you all know AdWords now turn into Google Ads, Yes adwords evolve with new name, logo and new user interface in 2018. so in this google ads series we are going to learn basics of google ads (adwords). so lets get started.
2. What is Google Ads (AdWords)?
- Google Ads (AdWords) is an online advertising service developed by Google in year 2000.
- In Google Ads (AdWords) advertisers pay to display ads, product listings, and video content within the Google ad networks to web users.
- User can advertise their product and services on Google Ads (AdWords).
- Google Ads (AdWords) is all-in-one platform to give you all analytics data about your ads.
- Your ad can appear when someone searches for terms related to your product or service.
- Google Ads (AdWords) provide the variety of ads type like search ads (mostly appear in SERP), display ads, video ads, app ads, shopping ads. We will discuss briefly about all type of ads type in further chapters.
3. Online marketing vs traditional advertising:
- Online marketing provide more analytics data about your ads. for example: geographic location of ad, number of user shown to ads, number of conversion made, how many views your ad got, and many more reports. But in traditional marketing like: TVC (TV commercials), print media (newspaper, magazine), banner etc. could not give you analytics data like online marketing.
- Online marketing doesn't require a minimum budget. You decide how much you're comfortable spending and set your budget accordingly. This makes online advertising accessible to businesses with limited advertising budgets. But in traditional you need to pay some of fix amount that decided by advertising agencies.
- In online marketing you can control your daily or hourly budget. But somewhat can’t control your (daily or hourly) budget in traditional marketing.
- In online marketing you can reach to more people in more places to all over the world in single click. But in traditional marketing it’s very difficult to advertise all over the world.
- In online marketing you can set goals to your ads. (By creating call, message, click, & reach to official website) Campaign. But can’t set goals in traditional marketing.
- In online marketing you don’t need any team to manage online ads, you can work your own. But in traditional advertising you need your marketing team to manage your campaigns.
4. Online marketing requirements:
- Today’s world is rapidly growing in internet world so you need to put your business online if you want your business unique one out.
- You can use online marketing to reach people to your business website.
- But one question? Is your website is well designed to encourage people to reach to you and do business with you.
- Before going to advertise online you need well designed website to attract the user to do some engagement with your business.
For this your website must follow these key points:
- Your website should have quality content like: eye catching heading and titles?
- Your website should fast enough to load in mobile (< 4 sec.).
- Use some rich media content like: images and videos of your service or products. But too much media can cause your site to load slowly.
- Use proper structured website to make user not confusing to navigate in website.
- Add some call-to-action section like: Buy Now, Call Us, Mail Us & more. So user can make some queries about your service and products.
- Put contact information in your website like: phone number, office address, email address & more.
- Add about us section in your website to aware users about your company history and achievements.
Watch Introduction To Google Ads (AdWords) Video:
Thats it for today in upcoming articles we are going to learn more about google ad (adwords). Till be happy and safe. If you have any doubt please post your query in comment section.